Girl, aged 1, dies with burns in home gas stove incident

Incident happened while her mother was doing household chores, according to police

By Staff Reporter

A 1-year-old Chitungwiza girl died with serious burns after she innocently pushed a gas stove with boiling water in an incident that happened last Thursday.

Police confirmed the sad incident on Saturday.

“The ZRP reports a sad incident which occurred at a house in Zengeza 5 Chitungwiza on 22 February 2024 in which a 1 year old female juvenile died.

“The victim allegedly pushed a gas stove which had a pot with boiling water on 20 February 2024 while her mother was doing household chores.

“The pot fell on the victim. She sustained serious burn injuries. The victim later succumbed to the injuries on admission at Sally Mugabe Central Hospital.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button